Monday, May 8, 2017

Design Wall Monday–May 8, 2017

Does this work?

One of my friendship groups has an annual birthday block exchange.  There are 12 of us and during your birthday month you receive blocks made by others.  This month is my friend Marie’s birthday and she has selected a block call Lunch Box Social.  Not a difficult block but the problem is she wants it done in Civil War fabrics.  Thankfully a few months back someone brought a bunch of Civil War fabrics to a gathering and I was able to come home with a nice selection of fabrics to use.  Unfortunately I didn’t realize that I needed a blue for the center of the 9 patch.  That’s it just one little 1 1/2” square of Civil War blue.  I have searched my entire stash and this is the closest I can come.  What do you think?  Will it work?

 

IMG_3412If not I have to head to the fabric store and try to find something that will work. 

In the mean time, my birthday was in April.  I haven’t received all my blocks yet but here’s what I have so far.

IMG_3410

My blocks are made using Edyta Sitar’s YouTube video.  You can view it here.  

To see what others are working on, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails