Monday, July 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday–July 20, 2015

I spent last week with a large group of friends in Las Vegas sewing, visiting and having a wonderful time.  One of the projects I worked on is my One Block Wonder.  Here it is up on my design wall.

OBW

I think I like it just the way it is and now the big job of sewing it together begins.  This picture doesn’t show it but I found the perfect match to the burgundy color.  I’m planning on using it set in 120 degree wedges on each side and then a small border at the top and bottom.  The plan is for this to hang horizontally in my dining room once it’s finished.

To see what others are working on, check on Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

5 comments:

  1. I love the fabric choice you made to make the OBW. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great OBW!! I have some fabric just itching to become a OBW. I'm being inspired by all the gorgeous ones I am seeing on line. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The OBW is NICE! And then I found your skirts. I have a couple too, Its been beastly hot and when I sit at the Visitor Center info desk I can position my little floor fan to blow on my legs and up my skirt. The ceiling air vents cool me from the waist up. Have you found the youtube video on making a skirt from a t-shirt or sweater? Yes, I've done that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning OBW! I have made one and hope to make another one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed by the variety of blocks that you got from your fabric. It will be a very striking, beautiful quilt.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails