Friday, February 14, 2014

Pillowcase for Charity

I belong to two guilds and one of them, Orange Grove Quilters Guild, makes and donates pillowcases to charity.  While at guild on Wednesday morning I picked up two pillowcase kits to make.  Since I just got my new Juki this was a perfect little project to break in the new machine. 

IMG_6062

Isn’t the turquoise camouflage fabric perfect for a little boy?

As most of you probably know, I have a YouTube video on how I make pillowcases.  You can click on it over there on the right sidebar.  I learned a new little trick from my friend Aggie and I’ll share it with you when I make the second pillowcase and remember to take pictures.  Disappointed smile

Until then……….

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillowcase. I too am making pillowcases and donating them to a children's hospital. It is such a wonderful feeling to be able to give to others. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made 150 pillowcases last year for our children't hospital and have made 50 so far this year. The goal is to make 200 by year end. I do have a question though and that is I use your method from you tube, but my seams end up extremely bulky in the bottom corners and right where the cuff and the body fabric meet. Do you have a trick to make those seams less bulky?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails