Yesterday morning I share my design wall and talked about the challenges I was having with my quilting. If you missed it, you can read about it here. After writing my blog and with all the advice my friend Pat gave me, I headed into my sewing room to give it another try, and try and try. I changed the needle again, I changed thread, I changed to another free motion quilting foot and I sewed at a snails pace, all on a muslin and batting sample piece. I not only had the same problem, I actually think it was worse. But I fixed it!
I’m sure your dying to know how I fixed it. I tried praying, I tried swearing, I tried crossing my fingers, I tried holding my breath, but the final solution………….I yanked that darn machine out of my cabinet and put my old Brother PQ1500 in it’s place. Yep, that fixed the problem, right from the get-go, no toe catchers just a nice quilting stitch and away I went. I finished all the freemotion quilting with out a single hiccup.
Here’s my progress from yesterday.
The only thing left today is a little quilting in these black triangles and the black border. Then it’s on with the binding, a label and I’ll be finished.
I really think the problem is a timing issue on my regular sewing machine so after a Mani/Pedi this morning (I do have my priorities) it is off to the sewing machine hospital for a visit. I’ll keep you posted but in the mean time, thank goodness for my Brother.