Monday, September 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday–September 26, 2011

I started this back in January at a Road to California class with Bonnie Hunter.  She calls it Texas Braid but mine is called Seal Beach Braid. 

Seal Beach Braid

This week begins a very crazy 5 weeks for me so I have selected this to work on.  For me, this is kind of mindless sewing.  There are very few decisions that need to make and once you get in a routine, it goes very fast.  So with that in mind it will go with me to Marilyn and my, Two Wacky Retreat this next weekend, then thrown in the suitcase for a trip to Georgia where I’ll be speaking at a guild and teaching at a Tiny Stitches retreat.  The month will continue with one activity after another culminating with a trip to Houston Quilt Market where I have a booth. #1102. 

To see what others have on their design wall, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.  

Enjoy,

Signature

9 comments:

  1. Braid is very pretty, looks like LOTS of small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ever Braid, it looks very nice and hope to see it when you are finsihed. Thanks For Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be nice to see your's finished. I just got a call from Sue and she has finished quilting mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great travel project. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are going to be very busy. Your braids are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your fabrics and your description of mindless sewing sounds soooo enticing, sometimes that's just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I love this braid...looks wonderful...sounds like you are going to be really busy but a fun busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am tired just thinking about that schedule! Have a great time but don't get too run down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a braid started, too. I just need to find time to do mindless sewing. I wanted to thank you for having a free pattern on your website. I read the first line, and it solved a problem I'm working on - quilting on a wall hanging where I can't mark a line. I wanted to crosshatch. Painter's tape - I'd forgotten that one. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails