Yesterday I told you I received more fabric in the mail from Clothworks. Here is a picture of some of it.
This is from their Night and Day line with a little red Laurel Burch thrown in. I got the top all put together but forgot to take a picture of it before I got it all put together for my quilter, Sue. I wasn’t as thrilled with the top as much as I usually am. I think it was a little too black and white with out any medium. So what to do? I think I’m going to add a big red flower to it along with some lime green leaves. My oldest granddaughter, Natalia, was here and she is quite an artist. She said it needs great big leaves instead of the little ones I was going to use. I think she’s right but I’ll wait until after it’s quilted to add the flower and leaves.
With all the sewing going on my youngest granddaughter, Emily got inspired. While I was busy elsewhere, she was digging through my stash. She wanted to make a quilt as a graduation gift for one of her friends.
Here’s what she came up with.
Pretty nice. But check this out. She started at 2:00 yesterday afternoon and only had to add the last border when she got here this morning.
She’d like to guilt it tomorrow, but we’ll see. I have a very old Handiquilter that she’s used before but it has to be set up in the garage. Like I said, we’ll see.