Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jelly Roll Races–Part 2

Marilyn and I have been very busy getting ready for this weekends Two Wacky Women, Machine Quilting with Frances Retreat.  I’d love to show you what we’ve been working on, but for now, you’ll just have to wait.  

Last Saturday I shared a YouTube video with you for Jelly Roll Races.  If you missed it head on back to Saturday’s post and check it out.  So far the response from my friendship group is Thumbs up.    This weekend, in between our facilitating duties, Marilyn and I have decided to to have our own Jelly Roll Race. 

These jelly rolls having been sitting on the shelf for quite some time so I think they’re perfect for this.

IMG_2978

I have two sets, both are Homemade Jelly Rolls from Flying Geese Fabric in Tustin, CA. and both are Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I think for the Jelly Roll quilt I’ll use half of each so I’ll simply mix up the lights and darks. 

Enjoy,

Signature

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what all you are doing for the retreat and then the jelly rolls.. Tony at Tony's sewing room did one of these jelly roll quilts, turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now, I need to go pull a couple jelly rolls for me to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about that jelly roll race too and I'm going to try it myself. I'm very curious to see how long it actually takes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails