Saturday, December 22, 2007

Totes and Notepads? Oh My!


So I've decided maybe I'm getting just a little compulsive about the Lazy Girl Tote Bag pattern http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/with_love_tote.pdf . I've now made another change that includes a matching notebook. Before making the bag as described in the pattern (using 1 yard of fabric) I cut off 7" first (to be used to make the matching notepad). Then instead of cutting 4" from 1 selvage edge, I cut 2 - 4" pieces, one from each selvage edge, thus making the handles a little longer. That's the only change I made and ended up with a nice size tote approximately 13 1/2" tall by 16" wide.


With that 7" I cut off at the beginning I made a cover for a steno pad using my pattern "Not Just Another Notepad" available at http://www.twowackywomen.com/shopfun10.html. When you check out the Two Wacky Women website you can see that we offer a free pattern (currently The Bookcover) but we should be changing it in January so at that time I will post the Notepad cover pattern for a short time, so keep checking. I think this is going to make a wonderful, easy and inexpensive gift for someone. Now I just have to figure out who.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails