Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Gift For My Niece


I found this fabulous Day of the Dead fabric from Alexander Henry (who else?), and knew right away I had to make my niece Christina something out of it. She is a collector of Day of the Dead figurines, etc.
I decided to use my pattern "Magical Slice and Dice" (pattern link) and have fun with the fabrics. I made it this summer while my sister and I were in Las Vegas at a Mary Ellen Hopkins seminar. Since my sister Melinda is a long arm quilter (and the quilt was for her daughter), she took it home with her and quilted it for me. You can visit her blog to see some of her other work.
Christina and her family were here for Christmas so I was able to give it to her in person. I think she really liked it, I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails