Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sewing Notions Bag






Tonight is my friendship groups tamale making/Christmas party. I made these cute sewing notions bags for everyone. Although I used the same fabric on some of them, I made them each slightly different by adding different binding. On the inside of the flap is a piece of wool felt to hold pins and needles. I used a snap instead of Velcroto avoid having all the threads getting caught. What started out as a simple project turned out to be a little more involved than I thought but they are finally done and wrapped up for tonight.


We were suppose to get-to-gather at someone else's house but at the last minute she became ill so my house is the backup. We have made tamales for the last few years and it is just so much fun, I can't begin to tell you. We drink a little wine, eat a few snacks, assemble tamales, and enjoy each others company. I can hardly wait. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the tamales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails