Monday, February 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday–February 12, 2018

I am so inspired by the 3 days I spent with Freddy Moran and Jean Impey las week.  I showed a quilt a few days ago that was my first “It Takes a Village” quilt or as Jean named it “Freddy Way”.  My second quilt is now on my design wall and I’m planning on quilting it today.  It is a small birthday quilt that I will hang on my front door to celebrate birthday’s of our friends and family. 

IMG_0220

I think I’m getting spoiled when quilting these little fun quilts.  The idea is to use black thread and simply scribble all the edges and designs.  It is very fast and super easy.  However, it certainly doesn’t reinforce any of the technical, free motion, quilting skills I’ve been trying to improve.  You won’t find any nice and neat feathers, pebbles or chalked designs here, but boy is it fun.

Until next time,

Enjoy,

Signature

 

1 comment:

  1. Not everything has to be precise, right? I've been making many, many HSTs lately and while they are so nice to stitch after trimming to size, all that meticulous cutting is getting to me. So now I'm making big, chunky blocks for an I-spy. It's good to use the "whee! this is fun!" part of the old brain :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails