Monday, July 24, 2017

Emily’s Graduation Quilt

Back on May 25th my granddaughter Emily graduation from college.  As her gift we are taking her with us on a trip to New York the end of September.  I had thought about making her a quilt but nothing jumped out at me until I remembered a quilt kit I had purchased a year ago from City Quilter in NYC.  When I heard they were closing I had purchased the kit and put it away.  So with a New York City trip planned, I decided to make the City Quilter kit for her. 

The top was finished and gifted for her graduation but it still needed to be quilted and the binding added.  As of this morning, it is complete and waiting for her to pick it up.

IMG_7745

It’s hard to see the fabric but it depicts the various NYC sites, Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, etc.  Here’s a close-up.  IMG_7746

And here is the label that Bear’s Quilt Shop embroidered on the back. 

IMG_7747

Enjoy,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting, unique quilt! And a great memento of a trip to NYC, one of the great cities of the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift to commemorate a great event!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails