Monday, July 31, 2017

Design Wall Monday–July 31, 2017

As the month comes to a close I thought I’d share what’s up on my design wall.  A couple of weeks ago while attending The Cotton Patchers friendship group gathering one of the members, Bea, shared a couple of quilt tops she had made using stripes.  After I got home I remember buying some stripes to make the exact same quilt.  It’s a “pattern”, so to speak, that’s been around for a while.  But a while back Jenny from Missouri Star made a YouTube video reminding me of how to make it.  So out came my fabric and I started playing. 

IMG_3759

Jenny’s demo shows using 1 1/4 yards of fabric but that makes a very small quilt.  I had enough to make it much larger.  So far I have 2/3 of the blocks made and the last 1/3 is cut out just waiting to be sewn together. 

Here’s the striped fabric I started with.

IMG_3740

This is such fun.  Once this is done I see more in my future.

If you’re interested in giving it a go…………………………….check out Jenny’s YouTube video hear.  It’s really quite simple.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do like that pattern! It looks great in your fabric choice. I've been hoarding stripes in bright colors and might do a mix and match scrappier version of this...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails