Monday, June 29, 2015

Design Wall Monday–June 29, 2015

This is my 5th skirt.  I think I have fabric to make a total of 8.  I’m having so much fun putting together my summer wardrobe.

IMG_6742

I bought this fabric while up in the Portland area at Cool Cottons.  This is a very cute store and is in an old house.  When I saw this fabric I just knew I wanted it for a skirt.  The owner asked me what I was going to make and when I told her a skirt she stepped out from behind the cutting table and showed me the skirt she was wearing.  She say’s she wears one everyday even in the rainy and sometimes very cold Northwest.  She simply wears tights under them.  She also confessed to having about 45 of them.  When I get finished making the skirts I have planned, I’ll only have 8 although I can see more in my future.   This just may become my uniform of choice.

To see what others are working on, head on over to Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

4 comments:

  1. I really like each of your Summer skirts. For traveling I prefer skirts...especially hot road trips! Creative Bliss and Summer Sunshine Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pattern you are using? I want to make at least one when I am there. How much fabric will I need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally a skirt person and I'm also curious about the pattern. I really like what I see in that waistband and want to know how it's put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails