I’m sure your getting as sick of seeing this darn UFO as much as I am. Last night I finished quilting it and thought to myself, “Whew, I’m almost done, Yippee”. All I had to do was add the binding. No problem.
I cut the binding strips and decided to cut them 2 1/4” instead of my usual 2 1/2”. It was late (that’s my excuse) so I measured all the way around divided by 40” and decided I needed 3 strips. I started sewing and everything was going just fine until “OH NO” I didn’t have enough strips. I needed 2 more (did I mention this is a really big table runner). So I cut two additional strips, sewed them together and then added them to the end that was attached to the table runner. I finished attaching the binding and took it in to my ironing board where I measure, cut and iron the two ends so that I can sew the start and finish together with a nice neat mitered seam. At that point I realized that the last two strips weren’t cut at 2 1/4” they were cut at 2 3/4”, grrrrrrrrrrr!. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate rulers that have that extra 1/2” added to one side. I’m usually pretty good at making sure which direction I have the ruler turned but remember, I was tired.
I learned a long time ago that when I make a sewing mistake, and it’s late, the best thing for me is to just stop, don’t even try to fix it when your tired. But I do take the time to sit with my trusty seam ripper and rip. So that’s how my evening ended, ripping. Tonight, I’m going to give it another try and see if I can’t get this UFO finished at last. Wish me luck.
Have I mentioned how much I dislike this UFO.