Friday, October 30, 2009

I am Blessed!

I have the most wonderful friendship group a person could possibly have.  We call ourselves the Wednesday Wacko’s.  I’ve blogged about them in the past but it’s time to tell you a little about them. 

We’ve been together for 7 years and meet every week.  I know what you’re thinking, how in the world could a group stay together so long.  I wish I knew the answer but I really don’t know, we just click.  There have been a few changes over the years, we’ve lost a few and gained a few but it is still the very bestest ever.  I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends.  Here we are:

Oct 2009

This week we got together at my house to celebrate our anniversary as well as a Christmas in July gift exchange.  Remember I said our groups is called the Wednesday Wacko’s so for us having Christmas in July, in October, makes since.  It originally was suppose to be in July but that was a very busy month so it got put off until September and then rescheduled again until October.  Is the name making since yet? 

The idea behind the gift exchange was to draw names and then present the person who’s named you picked 9 gifts, with each gift representing a letter of C H R I S T M A S, the girls were ingenious in what they came up with. 

But wait until you see what I received. I will tell you when I found out Margie had drawn my name, I knew I was in for a treat.  Margie is the queen of needle turn appliqué. First instead of 9 individual gifts spelling out Christmas, she made this adorable wall hanging.

Christmas in July

Look closely and you’ll see it spells Christmas.  Isn’t it just the cutest thing?  But wait, you ain’t seen nothing yet.  When we drew names, I indicated that I love Halloween, so check out what the appliqué queen made me.

Halloween Quilt Margie

Let’s take a closer look…..

Halloween Closeup1

Halloween Closeup2

Halloween Closeup3

Halloween Closeup4

All the appliqué was needle turned, with the tiniest little stitches. The candy corn was made by piecing three fabrics together and then needle turned.  She then machine quilted the top.

Check out the label

label

It says it all.

Thank you Margie, I can’t tell you how much I love it. 

Hugs,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. We are the best group ever!!!
    I didn't see the label the other night on what Margie gave you. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails