Friday, May 8, 2009

First Project On My New Machine



So if you had a brand new Bernina that costs a gazillion dollars what would you make? A gorgeous piece of clothing, a tiny delicate miniature quilt or a beautifully sewn machine appliqué? Well not me! My first project on my brand new Bernina 820 is………………………………

“TISSUE HOLDERS”! Yes my very first project was 18 tissue holders for the next quilting retreat that Two Wacky Women is hosting.

As it turns out, it really wasn’t such a bad project. First I got to practice winding a bobbin (a piece of cake). Then I got to thread the machine or should I say let the machine thread itself (once again a piece of cake). I chain pieced everything so I really used the knee lift a lot. The thread cutter worked like a charm.

I’m still in love with my new machine……..who knows what the next project will be. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails