Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quilted Charity Quilt

As I told you before, my friendship group had a challenge using a paint chip as our color pallet for a quilt to be given to charity. I made the quilt a while back, but waited to quilt it at the "Quilting in the Pines" retreat last week.

After practicing on small quilt sandwiches, this was my first attempt at an actual quilt. I first quilted in the ditch to form a grid that would stabilize the entire quilt as I continue to free motion quilt the rest of the top. I quilted big loops in the round portion of the drunkards path and spiky things on the other side. I then quilted a figure 8 design in the first two and last two borders. The middle border was quilted by practicing leaves and loops.

Overall all I'm pleased with the results. I know someone will love it, but for now I'll be happy to get rid of it. It was never my colors so I'm happy to send it on it's way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails