Monday, March 6, 2017

Design Wall Monday–March 6, 2017

Have you ever wanted a simple way to turn a quilt on-point?  I learned a very easy way to do it many years ago by Mary Ellen Hopkins.  Yesterday I worked on a tutorial showing how I do it.

IMG_7614

Here is a very simple example.  I used a orphan Dresden block given to me by my friend Pam Osorio.  Once I’ve shared the written tutorial with the guild, I’ll post a link to the PDF instruction here.  So check back later this week if you’re interested in seeing the simple instructions. 

This is going to be a very busy week for me.  I’m speaking at Orange Grove Quilt Guild on Wednesday and then teaching a workshop for them on Thursday.  This lecture is all about Borders, Bindings, Row-by-Row and Round Robin quilts.  I have a lot of examples of my own but called on my friends and family to borrow some of their quilts.  Today is the day to organize them and get them packed up for Wednesday.  Here’s quick look at my guest room bed, covered with some very lovely quilts.

IMG_7619

In the mean time, back on the home front, Vivs from Bear’s Quilt Shop called and I picked up a quilt that they quilted for me.  This is another UFO that was started many years ago as a class sample for a “Magnolia Lane” class.  I decided it was finally time to get it finished and figure out what to do with it.  I need to get the binding on and then find a home for it.  Notice Molly (The Quilt Inspector) checking it out. 

IMG_7617

Have a great week but why not start it off by seeing what others have on their design walls over a Judy’s blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails