Monday, January 16, 2017

Design Wall Monday–January 16, 2016

Not exactly a design wall but it does show what I’m working on.  I’m in the process of quilting this very old UFO.  Once again, this will be the year of the UFO for me and this one is numbero uno.  This is my own design that I made 2 or 3 years ago at a guild quilt retreat.  It’s a 4 patch kaleidoscope set in a shadow box.  On the back I made a giant shadow box.  I love it and am anxious to get it finished. 

IMG_2899 IMG_2900

My granddaughter Emily also completed a project this week.  She made a couple of gifts for friends.  They are fabric covered roll-up makeup cases. As usual she did a fabulous job and I’m sure her friends will love that she made them.

IMG_2851

Later this week is the start of Road to California.  I’ll be heading out on Wednesday for preview night and then attend the show when it opens on Thursday.  It’s a fun time, particularly since I get to hang out with some of my “bestest friends. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. What pattern was used for the make up bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt, Robin! I've always liked that shadowbox effect, so simple and stunning. Your granddaughter's bags are lovely. Maybe I'll see you at Road--my sister and I will be there Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shadow box quilt is fantastic - congrats on getting a UFO moving to "done.'"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails