Monday, May 30, 2016

Design Wall Monday–May 30, 2016

I’ve had a fun week sewing and creating a new Sewing/Quilting Basket.

IMG_7411

It started out as an expensive basket I purchased at Walmart.

IMG_7380

The original was cute, but not nearly as cute as it could be……………but it had potential. 

After completely deconstructing the purchased basket (I needed the frame), I started building the new one and changing the shape.  Here’s the quilt top I made for the outside of my basket.

IMG_7384

I added lining and pockets to the inside.

IMG_7412

And, TA-DA!  A new very cute Sewing/Market Basket to carry all my goodies in.

I’ll be teaching this to a group of retreaters in Las Vegas this summer.  It should be fun to see what fabrics others use.  Here are two of the baskets I made previously.

IMG_7104 (2)

I love them both but the basket frame was no longer available so the pattern had to be redesigned to fit the new basket. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails