Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Little Bit of Crazy Quilting

I’m sure many of you have seen lot’s of quilters on Facebook sharing 7 days of quilts.  Today is my 3rd day to share but one picture just didn’t seem like enough to share my crazy quilting history. 

IMG_7252

There it is, my entire crazy quilting, all in one tote bag.  I had good intentions.  I took a class and bought a kit to make an entire crazy quilt.  The kit was beautiful, it had all the fabric for 12 blocks.  I also bought lots of supplies of georgeous threads, ribbon and lace.  After spending a lot of time on this 1 block, I decided “been there, done that” and it was time to move on.  I love this but it just wasn’t for me.

Here are some closeups of the stitching. 

IMG_7253

The traditional spider web, including the spider made with a bead and stitching the legs.  Notice the embossed rose on the right.  That was made using a very nice velvet, a rubber stamp and an iron. 

IMG_7254

Most people know I’m a cat person so of course I had to embroider a cat with little beads for eyes.

IMG_7255

The bag isn’t really signed but I do have my signature “R” embroidered in a small area. 

IMG_7256

This is simply a close up of various stitches that are on the bag. 

Every time I look at my tote bag, I love it, but I’m also reminded that each quilter isn’t meant to do it all.  We may try, but most of us find what suits us best. 

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails