Monday, September 14, 2015

Design Wall Monday–September 14, 2015

Can you believe we’re almost half way through September?  Where in the world does the time go? 

Well, it’s design wall Monday, what in the world have I been working on?  Here’s just a few things.

IMG_6878

I used this tutorial.  http://factotum-of-arts.com/2013/11/30/tutorial-iphoneipad-stand/ 

I’m also making an outfit for an upcoming vacation. 

IMG_6879

I found this fabric tucked away in a closet.  I have no idea what it is made of but it feels very much like silk although I’m pretty sure it’s a synthetic of some kind.  It very soft, drapey and very slippery to sew with.  I finally decided to spray starch the heck out of it and now it’s cooperating.  Once the top is finished I’ll throw the skirt and top in the laundry and hopefully have a cute, comfy and soft outfit.

Before attempting the red one I made a top using some linen I had.  I purchased this years ago at a Martha Pullen class.  You know Martha, the heirloom guru.  Once again I have no idea why I bought a bolt of it but it worked to make a top in an attempt to figure out what size to make.  This one is too big but I took the sides in and now it’s actually a nice, cool (linen), roomie top.  I know that now I need to cut down the next one I make.  Here’s the linen top.

IMG_6881

Since I’m on a roll, I thought I’d show you an actual picture of my real design wall.

IMG_6882

Not very exciting just a lot of “a little bit of this and that”. 

To see what others are working on, check out Judy’s blog.

In the mean time, have a great week and . . . . . . . . .

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the outfit! I seem to be avoiding sewing clothes lately but am itching to get a few skirts made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails