Yesterday Emily and I quilted a Wacky Devine Nine quilt (minus the border) that was made a while ago. Shelli (my daughter) and Emily (my granddaughter) made the quilt top as a gift for a baby girl born a to one my Shelli’s co-workers. It’s not exactly a typical baby quilt but it matches her room and is definitely one she can grow in to.
The challenge for us was quilting it using minky on the back. Did I mention, I have one of the original, really old Handiquilters. After talking to my sister, Melinda, for technical advice. Em and I got started and immediately had a problem with skipped stiches. After another call to Melinda we changed the needle for the second time, added thread conditioner to the thread and replaced the bobbin, we were successful.
And look at how wonderful the back is.
It turned out so snuggly and soft so I’ll definitely use this again for the back of a quilt.
We still have to bind it but, hey, they don’t need it until Wednesday so we have oodles of time, LOL!