Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day

My husband John, possibly the best husband and father in the entire world, is living his dream today.  While I’m in a hotel room sewing, he is playing in the WSOP or for those of you that don’t know, that’s the World Series of Poker and it’s a pretty big deal.  The WSOP is held every year at the Rio in Las Vegas.  Here he is yesterday picking up his table and seat assignment. 

IMG_3609

There are many events but the one he is in will have about 3,000 players.  This will give you an idea of what it’s like.

IMG_3610

Needless to say, it’s huge.   Poker is a game of skill and luck, you need both when you’re playing in a tournament like this.  John has the skill, let’s just hope he gets lucky.  But, whatever happens I know he’s having the time of his life. 

For me, I’m going back to sewing. 

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Robin, Have a great time in Vegas. My husband would kill for a chance to play in that tournament. And if you run out of fabric, there are some TERRIFIC quilt shops in Vegas and nearby Henderson (I LOVE Vegas, we go once or twice a year).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails