Friday, December 10, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung……..

by the chimney with care. 

IMG_2403

Every year as a child my sister Melinda and my stockings hung above the fireplace of our childhood home.  After my sister and I were grown, my mother kept them and used them as part of her own Christmas decorations.  When my mother passed away and  it was time to go through her things, my sister decided that the stockings should stay together and she let me be the guardian of them.   So now every year I hang  them up on my mantle and remember all the wonderful Christmas mornings we enjoyed as kids. 

As I recall, a friend of my parents made these for us.  Melinda, do you remember who? 

IMG_2402 I hate to say this but they’re 60+ years old.   They’re still in wonderful shape though.  Here’s a close-up of our names that are knit into the top,

IMG_2405 IMG_2406

Do you still decorate with some of your childhood things? 

Enjoy,

Signature-82x34

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe those cute stockings are 60+ years old. Look like you just bought them. Very cute. What a treasure to have these and all the memories that go with them. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Mr. Hancock's secretary but I can't remember her name. I actually have the pattern to make these stockings and have one started for Emilio. He will probably be 60+ by the time it ever gets done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails