Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quite a Haul!

Last night was the Wednesday Wacko’s Christmas party.  The food was delicious, the gifts fun and creative but best of all my wonderful group of friends were there. 

We ate, drank a little wine, played a game and exchanged our gifts.  This morning I showed you what I made for everyone so tonight I though I’d show you what I received.

So……..in no special order………

IMG_0832

From Margie, a cute chocolate covered strawberry pincushion and a sweet hand painted doggy Christmas ornament.

IMG_0834

From Patty, for the second year in a row, a pot holder.  How cute is this?  She says it’s usable but I don’t think so, it’s way to cute to use but it will look great in my kitchen.

IMG_0835 IMG_0837
Molly had to stick her nose in it. Gorgeous!

This gorgeous pincushion was made by Pat.  It is made with wool and all done by hand.  Pat is a very talented lady.

IMG_0838

Last year Terri gave us a pie server that matches this cold meat fork.  It’s suppose to be for Christmas but the colors are perfect for my house all year long.  Terri is not known for doing hand work (she can do it, she just doesn’t like it) so this ornament was especially meaningful.  Great job.

IMG_0839

Susan made us each a Christmas kitchen towel.  I love it!  It will look wonderful by adding a festive touch to my kitchen.  Super job!

IMG_0840

Pam made us each these sweet little ornaments.  She love doing hand work so she’s encouraging each of us by giving us hand sewing kits (in the jar).  There’s needles, silk thread, a thimble and embroidery thread.  Plus fancy matches. 

IMG_0843 IMG_0847
Handmade Pin Original Wacko Poem

Who knew?  Linda makes jewelry.  Each of our pins were different but all wonderful.  I know Linda is very talented but I had know idea about the jewelry.  And, she’s a poet!  You should be able to click on the pictures to enlarge them so you can read the poem and get a better look at the pin.

IMG_0848

Sue gave us this wonderful smelling hand lotion.  It’s Winter Candy Apple and it anti-bacterial, perfect!  Check out the candle it starts out with Spiced Cider Snap, then Honey & Vanilla followed by Pine Needles.  Yummy!

IMG_0850

Ahhhh, last but certainly not least, Marilyn’s gifts.  A wonderful smelling soy candle scented with gingerbread.  The cute little pincushion was entirely made by hand, no sewing machine involved.  We all started making these a while back but Marilyn’s the only one that completed not just one but 10 of them.  Great follow through, since I have no idea where the one I started even is. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my wonderful Wacko’s.  I love you all.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful gifts - looks like you had a great time as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails