We bought a new queen size bed a few years ago and what I didn’t consider at the time was how thick the mattress is. I normal queen size quilt will cover the top but doesn’t drop far enough down the sides to cover the mattress.
When I finished putting my Christmas quilt together a few months ago, it wasn’t big enough. I found some additional fabric so I was able to add another border to three sides. Since I like to have pillow shams, I decided not to add the last border to the top.
It looks good in the picture but alas it’s not quilted yet. It’s way to big for me to do on my very old Handiquilter so I’ve asked my friend Sue to quilt it on her new Gammill long arm.
The front of the shams are completed so I think I’ll send them along with the quilt top so that Sue can quilt them at the same time. Hopefully she’ll be able to do it before Thanksgiving so that I can finish the shams and sew the binding on.
Speaking of binding. Here it is, all ready to go. This looks like bias binding but it’s not. The fabric was printed on the diagonal. I love when they do that. It makes it way more interesting.
Now’s it on to the next thing on my To-Do list, wonder what it will be.