Sunday, February 3, 2008

Charlotte's Web

One of my best friends and her husband, Rob and Keith Kilmer, adopted a baby girl just 3 weeks ago. She's the cutest little thing with a big name Charlotte Marie Kilmer.


Here I am holding Charlotte.......








I knew right away I wanted to make her a special quilt. While at Road to California I came accross a kit that had the perfect fabric in it. It contained a variety of fat quarters along with a few larger pieces of Benartex "Paris Cats" (Charlotte's Mom, Rob, always says she hates cats but I love cats and I'm sure Charlotte will grow up loving cats also, in spite of her Mother's bad infuence). So......I had the fabric but didn't like the pattern that came with it. So I run through many ideas and finally in the middle of the night (isn't that the way it always is), I came up with my own new pattern that I am calling "Charlotte's Web). It's not a traditional baby quilt but more a girl quilt that she can use now as well as latter.





Here's the finished quilt along with a close up of one of the blocks.








I've started working on the pattern and will be making a second quilt in the process. It will probably be a few weeks before it's ready for publications but let me know if your interested. I could use a pattern tester.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails